Changes to animatplot¶
- Timeline slider now formats
np.datetimeproperly by default. #21
- The x, y inputs to the Line Block are not positional only. #29
- Removed axis kwargs that deprecated in favor of ax in 0.3.0. #31
- Testing tools were moving into the tests folder and are no longer a subpackage of animatplot. #26
* indicates new author in this release.
axiskeyword argument has been replaced (everywhere) in favour of
axiswill be removed completely in
0.4.0. This does not apply to
t_axiswhich is unchanged. See #10 for rational.
The Pcolormesh block now accepts 1D arrays (in addition to 2D) for x and y inputs.
Animation.timeline_slider now accepts a
textargument to change the name of the slider.
Scatterfor animating scatter plots. Capable of animating size and position of the points, but not yet the color.
Updatea block that accepts a generic function that takes a frame number. Good if another block doesn’t already exist for some tasks.
Composition Blocks: These are functions that return a list of blocks (and maybe a timeline). These are in the blocks subpackage and can be identified by the
New (and very experimental)
animationssubpackage (well new to the public api). Contains some new convenice functions.
vector_plotwraps Pcolormesh and Quiver to produce animated vector fields.
- Previously, an Animation with a timeline_slider, but no toggle would cause an error.
textargument to timeline_slider is now the first positional argument.
- The order of positional arguments for the
Nukeblock has changed. This was required to give the
axargument a default.
- New animation unittesting framework
- Tests / doc building now runs on CircleCI.
- Fix .animations and .blocks subpackages not being distributed properly.
- Complete and total overhaul of animatplot using with the idea of
blocksas a foundation
- Chuck all previous attempts to support python 2 in the dumpster
This is the original release.